WOMEN &/OR TRANS SESSIONS (weekly)
Women &/or Trans Sessions offer an exclusive space for skaters who identify as women, trans, non-binary and/or gender non-conforming to build community through skateboarding.
EVERY MONDAY NIGHT @ ATS 7-10pm
Scholarship funds available thanks to our friends at Fremont’s own, Sfingiday!
Women &/or Trans Sessions Community Agreements
We appreciate you reading through this document carefully before entering! Let us know if you have any questions!This is an exclusive space for women, trans, non-binary &/or gender non-conforming skaters:
- All identities other than cisgender men are welcome at Women and/or Trans Sessions!
- To our cisgender male allies: We’d love to see you at our all gender programs such as community meetups, shop hangs, allysk8 workshops, and more. We appreciate you stepping back tonight and allowing this space to be for women and/or trans people exclusively.
- For everyone’s safety, we have a limited capacity of participants per hour for Women and/or Trans Sessions. All participants must register in advance. Visit skatelikeagirl.com/register to sign up!
- All participants must provide proof of vaccination or negative covid test (within the past 72 hours).
- Entering the park through the shop, two gender neutral bathrooms are located in the right back corner above the ramp with the red curbs.
- A water cooler can be found by the “kidz zone” micro mini ramp.
- First aid is located at the front counter.
- If your board shoots away from you, yell “BOARD!” as loud as you can to make sure others have an opportunity to get out of the way of it and avoid injury.
- Do your best to observe the order of who is skating what obstacles and how you fit into it. Be attentive about who hasn’t had a turn and allow everyone to have a turn in the rotation.
- If you borrow any pads or helmets from ATS please make sure those items are deposited in the white bin next to the skate shop door so they can be sanitized.
- Although the 1st and 2nd sessions are also open to free skaters, beginner skaters receiving instruction will have priority in the space during the first 2 hours of the night. We ask that advanced skaters yield to lessons, and do not skate aggressively on the same obstacles, weave between beginners, or ask them to move from the obstacles they are learning on.
- The 3rd session is open skate, and therefore has no lessons and prioritizes more advanced skaters. We ask that beginner skaters yield to more advanced skaters during this hour.
- We often have people taking photos or videos at our sessions. If you would prefer to not be in any media that we share out please let one of our staff members know, or tell the photographer directly!
- If you take photos or videos during the night, please ask for consent first and always tag us in them on instagram @skatelikeagirlsea so that we can repost them on our page!