PROGRAM REFUND POLICY
GENERAL REFUNDS NOT RELATED TO COVID EXPOSURE, INJURY, OR WEATHER CANCELLATION:
All registrations generally have a 10% non-refundable deposit. This non-refundable deposit covers administrative processing and costs of registration. Any general refund request will be honored in full, minus the 10% non-refundable deposit, if requested more than 14 days prior to the first day of the program. We are not able to refund processing fees. No refunds will be processed within 14 days of the program start date, however, we can honor a program credit to be used towards a different program. Refunds can only be processed (a) back to the original form of payment, (b) a mailed check, or (c) as a credit towards a future Skate Like A Girl program.
PROGRAM CANCELLATION POLICY
In the event of program cancellation, due to weather or other factors (example: instructor illness), campers are entitled to a pro-rated refund or program credit equal to the class time that was missed. To claim your refund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUESTS TO CHANGE SUMMER CAMP DATE OR LOCATION:
If for any reason you need to change the week or location of an already purchased summer camp, this can be done up to 14 days before the start date of both the original and new camp at no charge, as long as there are still spaces available at the new camp. If a request to change camp date or location is made within 14 days of start date of either original or new camp, a $20 administrative charge will be processed.
Campers who are injured during Skate Like a Girl program hours to the point that they can no longer participate, such as a sprain or broken bone, will be entitled to a full cash refund or program credit. Please contact your local chapter via email to receive your refund.
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your experience, you must contact your local chapter via email within 24 hours of the start of the program. Skate Like a Girl will honor a full refund (minus 10% non-refundable deposit) or program credit for any camper who did not have a positive experience within 24 hours of the first day of a program.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Wear a mask over your face and nose at all times, except specific occasions such as water or snack breaks
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others at all times
- Follow all directions given by staff and volunteers
- Respect counselors and campers, ensuring everyone feels welcome and safe
- Participants Ages 6-17: wear a buckled helmet at all times during program hours. Additionally, youth campers will be required to wear wrist, knee, and elbow pads, unless parents approve otherwise (example: parent notes on registration that only wrist guards will be required for their child)
- Communicate appropriately by not using foul language, gestures, or unfriendly tones of voice
- Do not cause deliberate physical and/or emotional harm of counselors or skaters such as bullying, pushing, kicking, hitting, or fighting
- Do not leave the group you are assigned, and communicate any needs to your counselors, such as water, bathroom, snack, shade, etc.
If youth skaters cannot follow these rules, they will be issued a warning and parents will be notified. If behaviors still do not change after a warning, skaters may be expelled from camp at the discretion of Skate Like a Girl.
We typically do not honor refunds for youth who miss days of skate programming due to a behavior related expulsion. Refunds in this case will be dealt with via local Chapter Director and Executive Director on a case by case basis
COVID-19 SPECIAL POLICIES
The current situation has made it difficult for us to plan for the future. Nevertheless, our goal is to give participants and families a minimum of 2 weeks notice about a cancellation of the program, and in best cases a month or more. We have amended our refund policy and will issue either full credits for future Skate Like a Girl programs or financial refunds (minus a 3% credit card processing fee) for any programs cancelled in conjunction with recommended COVID-19 health and safety protocols. For folks requesting refunds prior to official cancellation, they will be subject to our standard refund policy.