PROGRAM REFUND POLICY
- Multi-Day Sessions: All registrations have a 10% non-refundable deposit. This non-refundable deposit covers administrative processing and costs of registration management. Any request for a refund will be honored in full, minus the 10% non-refundable deposit, if requested more than 14 days prior to the first day of the program. Refunds requested between 7 and 14 days before the program start date will only be eligible for a program credit. We are not able to refund processing fees. No refunds will be processed within 7 days of the program start date. Refunds can only be processed (a) back to the original form of payment or (b) as a credit towards a future Skate Like a Girl program.
- For our more expensive programs ($100+), we will subtract your processing fees from your 10% deposit when we issue you a refund or credit.
- Single-Day Sessions: All registrations have a 10% non-refundable deposit. This non-refundable deposit covers administrative processing and costs of registration management. Any request for refund will be honored in full, minus the 10% non-refundable deposit, if requested more than 7 days prior to the first day of the program. Refunds requested between 7 days and 24 hours before the program start date will only be eligible for a program credit. We are not able to refund processing fees. No refunds will be processed within 24 hours of the program start date. Refunds can only be processed (a) back to the original form of payment or (b) as a credit towards a future Skate Like A Girl program.
PROGRAM CANCELLATION POLICY
In the event of program cancellation (if Skate Like a Girl cancels your program) participants are entitled to a make-up program, pro-rated program credit, or pro-rated refund equal to the program time that was missed. To request your refund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUESTS TO CHANGE PROGRAM DATE OR LOCATION
If for any reason you need to change the date or location of an already purchased program, this can be done up to 14 days before the start date of both the original and new program at no charge, as long as there are still spaces available at the new program. If a request to change program date or location is made within 14 days of the start date of either original or new program, there will be a 10% administrative charge. No transfers will be processed within 24 hours of a program start date.
Participants who are injured during Skate Like a Girl program hours to the point that they can no longer participate (e.g. sprain, broken bone) will be entitled to a full refund or program credit. Please contact us at email@example.com to request your refund.
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your experience, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the start of the program. Skate Like a Girl will honor a full refund (minus 10% non-refundable deposit) or program credit for any participant who did not have a positive experience within 24 hours of the first day of a program.
We typically do not honor refunds for youth who miss days of skate programming due to a behavior-related expulsion. Refunds in this case will be dealt with via our Directors on a case by case basis.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
The current situation has made it difficult for us to plan for the future. Nevertheless, our goal is to give participants and families a minimum of 2 weeks notice about a cancellation of the program, and in best cases a month or more. We have amended our refund policy and will issue either full credits for future Skate Like a Girl programs or financial refunds (minus processing fees) for any programs canceled in conjunction with recommended COVID-19 health and safety protocols. For folks requesting refunds prior to official cancellation, they will be subject to our standard refund policy.
If you are feeling sick, please stay home and we’ll refund your registration and deposit (minus processing fees). Email email@example.com to let us know if you’re feeling sick. Thanks for helping us keep our community safe & healthy!
PROGRAM WAITLIST POLICY
When a session has reached capacity you can still “register” for the waitlist. When a spot becomes available for a session with a waitlist, an email invitation will be sent to the first registrant on the waitlist. When waitlist registrants receive the invitation email, they can either:
- Complete their registration by clicking the ‘Complete registration’ button, which will otherwise expire after the time limit. Note: this time limit may vary but will typically be around 12 hours.
- Give up their spot immediately and permanently remove themselves from the waitlist by clicking the ‘Remove me from waitlist’ link.
- Payments can be made by credit card or using the available credit balance in their account.
- Once the payment is complete, the registrant will see a registration confirmation page.
- After paying for the registration, you will receive confirmation and receipt emails.
Registering from the Waitlist
Open spots are filled using one of two methods:
1. When a spot opens up in a waitlisted session more than 1 week before the program starts and you are selected, you will receive an email invitation with two options:
- Claim the spot - Here's what the process will look like:
- Reply to the email and let us know you want the spot. Then we will transfer you into the program.
- You will then be officially registered for the session! You should receive a confirmation email once this is complete.
- You'll still need to log into your Active account to pay for the program
- CLICK HERE to manage your account. Any credit or balance on your account will be visible in the "Account Balance" section near the top of the page once you log in.
- “Remove me from the waitlist" - let us know (by replying to the email) if you’d like to be removed from the waitlist.
- You will have a 24-hour window to confirm or deny the spot
- If we don’t hear from you, the registration is automatically canceled and we will offer the spot to the next person on the waitlist.
2. When a last-minute spot opens up in a session:
- The spot will be opened on ACTIVE, and can be filled by whoever signs up first!
- We will notify all participants on the waitlist via email before we notify the general public
A few notes on waitlist registration:
- "Last-minute" is defined as one (1) week before the program start date. This means that if you haven’t received an email from us 1 week before the start of your program, you have not been individually selected for a waitlist space. However, you’ll still receive an email if a last-minute space is available. Please let us know if you’d like to be removed from the waitlist.
- Waitlist spots are not guaranteed.
- Waitlist spots are not confirmed until payment is made.
- All registrations must be paid in full before the program starts.